Michael Poe is a senior associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. Mr. Poe works in the firm’s Fairfax office, and represent clients in Fairfax County and all across Northern Virginia.
Mr. Poe earned his J.D. from William & Mary Law School in 2011, after earning his B.A. from Miami University in 2006.
After law school, Mr. Poe clerked for the Circuit Court in Montgomery County, Maryland before serving as a Policy Fellow for an institute in Washington, D.C. He entered private practice for a law firm in Alexandria, Virginia in 2012. Mr. Poe practiced family law at that firm until joining Livesay & Myers, P.C. in 2024.
During his time in practice, Mr. Poe has litigated every type of family law case in the courts of Northern Virginia, including high value equitable distribution cases and military divorce cases.
Mr. Poe has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star each year since 2016. He currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from both Avvo and Justia.
Michael Poe resides with his wife and son in Alexandria, Virginia.
See what clients are saying about Michael Poe
"Michael Poe was my divorce attorney for a contested divorce with a very uncooperative spouse and two young children. He is a consummate professional. Throughout the 18-month process, which was quite stressful for me, he provided measured advice based on his analysis, experience and, of course, the law. When my spouse would respond in highly emotional ways, he would not escalate the matter. He was always looking for the path of least resistance while protecting my interests, which is a difficult balance to maintain, and he did a great job. At the beginning my case appeared destined for an expensive court battle. But we eventually settled all aspects of the case in a 50/50 split of custody and a very fair split of assets, and I never saw the inside of a courtroom. I was also able to live in my house the entire time and I still live there post-divorce. The result of the case was, quite frankly, unbelievable considering the point from which we were forced to start the process and how uncooperative my spouse was determined to be. Mike was also sensitive to my desire to keep costs under control, for which I am grateful. While I am an educated, intelligent person with a strong understanding of negotiation strategy, I never, ever would have achieved the final result without Mike. I can't thank Mike enough for his help." - Eric M.view client reviews
- Virginia State Bar, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2017
- Washington, D.C., 2013
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2016–2023
- Virginia State Bar, Member, 2011–Present
- Fairfax Bar Association, Member, 2012–Present
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2013–Present
- Alexandria Bar Association, Member, 2018–Present
- Speaker, Military Affairs and the Courts: Issues Confronting Practitioners and the Bench, National Bar Association, 37th Annual Mid-Year Conference/Gertrude Rush Awards Dinner, March 2017
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Senior Associate Attorney, 2024–Present
- Arquilla & Poe, PLC, Senior Associate Attorney, 2012–2023
- William & Mary Law School, J.D., 2011
- Miami University, B.A., 2006
"*" indicates required fields