Andrew R. Tank
Andrew Tank is a lead senior associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. Mr. Tank works in the firm’s offices in Fairfax and Arlington, and represents clients in Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria and all across Northern Virginia.
Mr. Tank is experienced in handling every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, equitable distribution, custody, visitation and support cases. Mr. Tank focuses his practice on helping clients navigate through what is often the most stressful time of their lives, and achieving outcomes that are satisfying to each client based on the client’s unique circumstances and values.
An attorney since 2007, Mr. Tank has firmly established himself as a leader in the Northern Virginia legal community. He has been an active member of the Virginia State Bar’s Young Lawyers Conference, serving as Program Chair for the Bar’s annual meeting from 2009 to 2012, and on its Nominations Committee for 2011 and 2012. From 2010 to 2013, Mr. Tank was a regular contributor to “Docket Call,” the Young Lawyers Conference’s quarterly newsletter, writing articles on family law topics. Finally, he was elected and served as a board member for the Fairfax Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section from June 2010 to June 2012.
Mr. Tank left a position as a partner at Surovell Isaacs & Levy PLC to join Livesay & Myers, P.C. in 2019. He had been with the former firm since 2011, and had been a partner since 2015.
Mr. Tank was born in Michigan but grew up in Alexandria, Virginia, less than a mile from George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate. Mr. Tank earned his law degree from the University of Richmond School of Law, where he graduated cum laude. Before law school, Mr. Tank graduated from James Madison University with a Bachelor of Science.
Mr. Tank has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star every year since 2015. He received the Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award for Excellence in Quality of Service in 2015. Mr. Tank also holds a perfect 10.0 rating from both Avvo and Justia.
Andrew Tank resides with his wife in Arlington.
- Virginia State Bar, 2007
Honors and Awards
- Virginia Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2015–2019
- Virginia State Bar, Young Lawyers Conference, Distinguished Service Award, 2012
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award for Excellence in Quality of Service, 2015
- Impact of Post-Separation Adultery, Docket Call, Fall 2010
- Will the Court Kick Him Out?, Docket Call, Winter 2011
- Who Gets the Family Pet?, Docket Call, Spring 2011
- Interrogatory Limit in Juvenile and Domestic Relations Cases, Docket Call, Summer 2011
- Nine Points About Petitioning for Protective Orders, Docket Call, Spring 2012
- What’s Love Got to Do With It? Premarital Agreements, Docket Call, Summer 2012
- The Fifth Amendment and Adultery, Docket Call, Winter 2012
- Calling Children as Witnesses in Custody Cases, Docket Call, Spring 2013
- How Much is this Going to Cost, Docket Call, Winter 2013
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Lead Senior Associate Attorney, 2019–Present
- Surovell Isaacs & Levy PLC, Partner, 2015–2019
- Surovell Isaacs & Levy PLC, Associate Attorney, 2011–2015
- The Maddox Law Firm, Associate Attorney, 2010–2011
- Condo Kelly & Byrnes, Associate Attorney, 2007–2010
- Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Conference, Member, 2009–Present (Program Chair for the Annual Meeting of the Virginia State Bar, 2009–2012; Nominations Committee Member, 2011–2012)
- University of Richmond School of Law Alumni Association, Member, 2007–Present
- James Madison University Alumni Association, Member, 2009–Present
- Fairfax County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Board Member, 2010–2012
- Arlington Bar Association, Member, 2019–Present
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2007
- James Madison University, B.S., 2002