Sarah G. Patras
fredericksburg-Stafford OfficeLivesay & Myers, P.C.
150 Riverside Parkway #307
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22406 540-370-4140
Sarah Patras is a senior associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C. She practices exclusively family law, representing clients in separation, divorce, custody, visitation and support cases, including a large number of contested cases. Ms. Patras works in the firm’s Fredericksburg-Stafford office, and represents clients in Stafford, Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania and surrounding areas.
Born in Nebraska, Ms. Patras grew up in Iowa and earned double B.A. degrees from Iowa State University. She then relocated to Virginia, and graduated from the University of Richmond School of Law in 2016.
After law school, Ms. Patras clerked for one year for a Virginia Circuit Court judge, gaining valuable insight into the inner workings of the Virginia judicial system. She then joined Livesay & Myers, P.C. and relocated to the Fredericksburg area in 2017.
Ms. Patras is known for her commitment to her clients, and is a zealous advocate for their interests both inside and outside the courtroom. Her satisfied clients have written some truly exceptional and heartfelt reviews expressing their thanks for her work on their behalf (see Client Reviews below).
Ms. Patras has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2019–2022. She currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from both Avvo and Justia.
See what clients are saying about Sarah G. Patras
"This law firm never stops working for you. Sarah Patras was our attorney in a Family case where a lot of paperwork was involved and a lot of serious issues and inaccurate information needed to be addressed. Ms. Patras was optimistic from the beginning and gave us the confidence to move forward even when some other issues came up. Their paralegal Ashley Constant was always available even when Ms. Patras was tied up and they both stayed in constant communication throughout the entire ordeal. I could not be happier with the representation of Ms. Patras or the assistance of Ms. Constant. If you have a family law case you could not ask for a better fighter to stand up for you in court or with DSS. Livesay and Myers will truly fight to win your case and keep in contact every step of the way. This is a law firm you can trust. Thank you Sarah and Ashley and thank you Livesay and Myers" - Stephen C.view client reviews
- Virginia State Bar, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2018
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2019–2022
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys in Virginia for Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2019
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2018
- Virginia State Bar, 2016–Present
- Virginia Bar Association, 2016–Present
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association, 2018–Present
- The Purpose of the Guardian ad Litem in Virginia
- Co-Parenting and Virginia Custody Cases
- Filing for Child Support When Parent’s Location Is Unknown
- View all blog articles by Sarah Patras
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Senior Associate Attorney, 2022–Present
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2017–2022
- Buchanan County Circuit Court, Grundy, Virginia, Judicial Law Clerk, 2016–2017
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., 2016. Honors and Activities: Cali Award for Excellence in Family Law (highest grade in class); Journal of Global Law and Business, Manuscripts Editor; Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity, Vice-Justice; Moot Court Competition, Participant.
- Iowa State University, B.A. in Political Science, B.A. in Communication Studies, 2012.
"*" indicates required fields