Sarah G. Patras
Sarah Patras is an associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C. She practices exclusively family law, representing clients in separation, divorce, custody, visitation and support cases, including a large number of contested cases.
Born in Nebraska, Ms. Patras grew up in Iowa and earned double B.A. degrees from Iowa State University. She then relocated to Virginia and graduated from the University of Richmond School of Law.
After law school, Ms. Patras clerked for one year for a Virginia Circuit Court judge, gaining valuable insight as to the inner workings of the Virginia judicial system. She then joined Livesay & Myers, P.C. and relocated to the Fredericksburg area.
Ms. Patras is known for her commitment to her clients, and is a zealous advocate for their interests both inside and outside the courtroom. Her satisfied clients have written some truly exceptional and heartfelt reviews expressing their thanks for her work on their behalf (see Client Reviews below). Ms. Patras was named a Super Lawyers Virginia Rising Star in 2019. She currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from Justia.
Ms. Patras works in the firm’s Fredericksburg office, and represents clients in Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Stafford and surrounding areas.
- Virginia State Bar, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2018
Honors and Awards
- Virginia Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2019
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys in Virginia for Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2019
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2018
- Virginia State Bar, 2016–Present
- Virginia Bar Association, 2016–Present
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association, 2018–Present
- The Purpose of the Guardian ad Litem in Virginia
- Co-Parenting and Virginia Custody Cases
- Filing for Child Support When Parent’s Location Is Unknown
- View all blog articles by Sarah Patras
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2017–Present
- Buchanan County Circuit Court, Grundy, Virginia, Judicial Law Clerk, 2016–2017
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., 2016. Honors and Activities: Cali Award for Excellence in Family Law (highest grade in class); Journal of Global Law and Business, Manuscripts Editor; Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity, Vice-Justice; Moot Court Competition, Participant.
- Iowa State University, B.A. in Political Science, B.A. in Communication Studies, 2012.