Brianna D. Salerno
Brianna Salerno is an associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. She is experienced in handling every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody and support cases. Ms. Salerno works in the firm’s offices in Fairfax and Arlington, and represents clients in Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria and all across Northern Virginia.
Originally from Chicago, Illinois, Ms. Salerno graduated magna cum laude from The George Washington University before graduating in the top third of her class at George Mason University School of Law.
An attorney since 2010, Ms. Salerno is admitted to practice law in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia. After clerking for a judge in Maryland for two years, Ms. Salerno has practiced family law in Virginia since 2012.
Ms. Salerno known for her commitment to her clients, and is a zealous advocate for their interests both inside and outside the courtroom. Her satisfied clients have written some truly exceptional and heartfelt reviews expressing their thanks for her work on their behalf (see Client Reviews below). Ms. Salerno was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star in both Virginia and Washington D.C. in 2019. She currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from Justia.
Brianna Salerno resides in Arlington, Virginia.
- Virginia, 2011
- Maryland, 2010
- District of Columbia Bar, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2018
Honors and Awards
- Virginia Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2019
- Washington D.C. Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2019
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2017
- Arlington County Bar Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Alexandria Bar Association (Beat the Odds Committee)
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association
- Division of Retirement Accounts in a Virginia Divorce
- Change in Virginia Family Law Regarding Life Insurance
- Four Financial Steps to Take Before Divorce
- View all blog articles by Brianna Salerno
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2016–Present
- The Carlberg Law Firm, Associate Attorney, 2012–2016
- Honorable Michael P. Whalen, Criminal Coordinating Judge, Seventh Judicial Circuit, Prince George’s County, Maryland, Law Clerk, 2010–2012
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 2010. Honors and Activities: Graduated in Top Third of Class; Research Assistant to Associate Professor Ilya Somin, 2009; Research Editor, 2009–2010, George Mason Civil Rights Law Journal; Writing Fellow, 2009–2010 (selected to teach Legal Research, Writing & Analysis).
- The George Washington University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2006. Honors and Activities: Phi Beta Kappa; Phi Eta Sigma Freshman Honor Society; National Society of Collegiate Scholars; The National Dean’s List; Dean’s List; President Scholarship; Living & Learning Community Resident Scholar.