Brianna D. Salerno
Brianna Salerno is an associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing family law and estate planning. She is experienced in handling every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody and support cases. In her estate planning practice, Ms. Salerno drafts wills, trusts, advance medical directives, living wills, and powers of attorney. Ms. Salerno works in the firm’s Fairfax office, and represents clients in Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington and all across Northern Virginia.
Originally from Chicago, Illinois, Ms. Salerno graduated magna cum laude from The George Washington University before graduating in the top third of her class at George Mason University School of Law.
An attorney since 2010, Ms. Salerno is admitted to practice law in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia. After clerking for a judge in Maryland for two years, Ms. Salerno has practiced family law in Virginia since 2012.
Ms. Salerno currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from Justia.
Brianna Salerno resides in Arlington, Virginia.
- Virginia, 2011
- Maryland, 2010
- District of Columbia Bar, 2011
Honors and Awards
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2017
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Alexandria Bar Association (Beat the Odds Committee), 2016–Present
- Change in Virginia Family Law Regarding Life Insurance
- Advance Medical Directives in Virginia
- Four Financial Steps to Take Before Divorce
- View all blog articles by Brianna Salerno
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, starting January 2017
- The Carlberg Law Firm, 2012–2016
- Honorable Michael P. Whalen, Criminal Coordinating Judge, Seventh Judicial Circuit, Prince George’s County, Maryland, Law Clerk, 2010–2012
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 2010. Honors and Activities: Graduated in Top Third of Class; Research Assistant to Associate Professor Ilya Somin, 2009; Research Editor, 2009–2010, George Mason Civil Rights Law Journal; Writing Fellow, 2009–2010 (selected to teach Legal Research, Writing & Analysis).
- The George Washington University, B.A., 2006, graduated magna cum laude. Honors and Activities: Phi Beta Kappa; Phi Eta Sigma Freshman Honor Society; National Society of Collegiate Scholars; The National Dean’s List; Dean’s List; President Scholarship; Living & Learning Community Resident Scholar.