Amanda Stone Swart
Amanda Stone Swart is a senior associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. She is experienced in handling every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody and support cases. Ms. Stone Swart works in the firm’s Leesburg office, and represents clients in Leesburg, Loudoun County, and all across Northern Virginia.
Ms. Stone Swart is originally from Boone, Iowa. She graduated summa cum laude from Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska in 2004, with Bachelor’s of Arts degrees in both Political Science and Journalism. Upon graduation, Ms. Stone Swart worked in politics in Iowa prior to relocating to the Washington, D.C. area. She then worked as a legal assistant or law clerk for several firms in downtown D.C. and Northern Virginia, before enrolling full time at George Mason University School of Law.
After graduating from law school in 2009, Ms. Stone Swart practiced family law as an associate attorney at a law firm in Northern Virginia from 2010 until June 2015 before joining Livesay & Myers, P.C.
One of the firm’s most skilled trial attorneys, in 2010 Ms. Swart received the prestigious Trial Advocate of the Year award from the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
Ms. Stone Swart is known for her commitment to her clients, and is an aggressive and zealous advocate for their interests both inside and outside the courtroom. Her satisfied clients have written some truly exceptional and heartfelt reviews expressing their thanks for her work (see Client Reviews below).
Ms. Stone Swart was included in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for her work in Family Law. She was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2019–2020. Ms. Stone Swart currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from both Avvo and Justia.
Ms. Stone Swart resides in Ashburn, Virginia with her husband and two daughters. In her free time, she volunteers with St. Theresa’s Catholic Church in Ashburn. She is also active with the D.C. Chapter of the Creighton University Alumni Advisory Board. Finally, Ms. Stone Swart and her husband (an alumnus of Penn State) are avid fans of Penn State football.
Honors and Awards
- Included in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for her work in Family Law
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2019–2020
- Trial Advocate of the Year, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, 2010
- Clients’ Choice Award, Avvo, 2017, 2019
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2015
- Virginia State Bar, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2016
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2017
- Virginia State Bar (Family Law Section)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Loudoun County Bar Association (Social Chair, 2019–2020)
- Law Camp Casino Night Committee, Loudoun County Bar Association (Chair)
- Fairfax Bar Association (Family Law Section, Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court Committee)
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association (Northern Virginia Chapter)
- Creighton University Alumni Advisory Board, D.C. Chapter (President, 2012–2014)
- Sole Custody of Children in Virginia
- Is Marriage Right for You?
- Annulment vs. Divorce in Virginia
- View all blog articles by Amanda Stone Swart
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2015–Present
- Cole Miller PLLC, Associate Attorney, 2010–2015
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 2009. Honors and Activities: served as a class representative for evening students and the Vice President of Evening Students on the Student Bar Association’s Board of Governors; active in the George Mason Trial Advocacy Association, competing in intramural and extramural competitions before being selected to serve as the President of the Trial Advocacy Association for her last year of law school; participated in the George Mason Domestic Relations Legal Clinic, assisting low income clients in obtaining divorces.
- Creighton University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2004. Honors and Activities: graduate of the Creighton University Honors Program; member of Pi Sigma Alpha, (the political science honor society); member of Omicron Delta Kappa (the leadership honor society); member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars; member of and Alpha Phi Omega (the national service fraternity); active in Republican politics, served as the State Chairman for the Nebraska Federation of College Republicans for two years.
Born: Centerville, Iowa
Disclaimer: Contacting us via this form does not create an attorney-client relationship with Livesay & Myers, P.C. or any attorney at the firm.