Brianna D. Salerno
Brianna Salerno is a senior associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. Ms. Salerno works in the firm’s office in Arlington, and represents clients in Arlington, Alexandria and all across Northern Virginia.
An attorney since 2010, Ms. Salerno has litigated every type of family law case in the courts of Northern Virginia, including divorce, custody, support and high value equitable distribution cases. She also is one of the firm’s leading authorities on the division of federal or military retirement benefits in divorce.
Originally from Chicago, Illinois, Ms. Salerno graduated magna cum laude from The George Washington University before graduating in the top third of her class at George Mason University School of Law.
Ms. Salerno is known for her commitment to her clients, and is a zealous advocate for their interests both inside and outside the courtroom. Her satisfied clients have written some truly exceptional and heartfelt reviews expressing their thanks for her work on their behalf (see Client Reviews below).
Ms. Salerno was included in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for her work in Family Law. She has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star every year since 2019. Ms. Salerno currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from both Avvo and Justia.
Brianna Salerno resides in Alexandria.
See what clients are saying about Brianna D. Salerno
"Livesay & Myers, P.C. was outstanding in my recent Separation Agreement and Divorce proceedings. Specifically, Brianna Salerno was over-the-top amazing! She brought years of subject matter expertise, understanding and empathy to my situation. Throughout the most trying time in my young adult life, I was able to count on Brianna’s professionalism, tact and motivational attitude. I would HIGHLY recommend Brianna Salerno and the Livesay & Myers practice to anyone facing a major life change such as a divorce." - Jordan H.view client reviews
- Virginia, 2011
- Maryland, 2010
- District of Columbia, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2018
Honors and Awards
- Included in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for her work in Family Law
- Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2019–2022
- 10 Best Attorneys, Virginia, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2019
- Clients’ Choice Award, Avvo, 2020
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2017
- Arlington County Bar Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Alexandria Bar Association (Beat the Odds Committee)
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association
- 10 Tips for Domestic Violence Victims in Virginia During COVID-19
- Division of Retirement Accounts in a Virginia Divorce
- Four Financial Steps to Take Before Divorce
- View all blog articles by Brianna Salerno
- Presenter, Fairfax Bar Association Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Seminar, Annual Ethics CLE: Surreptitious Recordings and Use of Electronic Information: Ethical Considerations Lawyers Face, October 2020
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Senior Associate Attorney, 2019–Present
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2016–2019
- The Carlberg Law Firm, Associate Attorney, 2012–2016
- Honorable Michael P. Whalen, Criminal Coordinating Judge, Seventh Judicial Circuit, Prince George’s County, Maryland, Law Clerk, 2010–2012
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 2010. Honors and Activities: Graduated in Top Third of Class; Research Assistant to Associate Professor Ilya Somin, 2009; Research Editor, 2009–2010, George Mason Civil Rights Law Journal; Writing Fellow, 2009–2010 (selected to teach Legal Research, Writing & Analysis).
- The George Washington University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2006. Honors and Activities: Phi Beta Kappa; Phi Eta Sigma Freshman Honor Society; National Society of Collegiate Scholars; The National Dean’s List; Dean’s List; President Scholarship; Living & Learning Community Resident Scholar.
"*" indicates required fields