Melannie H. Dino
Melannie Dino is a senior associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. An attorney since 2001, Ms. Dino has litigated every type of family law case in the courts of Northern Virginia, including contested divorce, custody, support, and high value equitable distribution cases. Ms. Dino works in the firm’s Leesburg office, and represents clients in Leesburg, Loudoun County and all across Northern Virginia.
Originally from Erie, Pennsylvania, Ms. Dino earned her Bachelor of Science in Communications in 1996 from nearby Clarion University of Pennsylvania. She proceeded to earn her J.D. from Widener University Law School in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania in 1999.
Ms. Dino then returned to Erie to work in the law practice of her father, a prominent bankruptcy lawyer in Erie for decades. It was there that Ms. Dino got her first taste of family law, working in the thriving family law practice of her father’s partner. The practice area seemed a natural fit for Ms. Dino–as the third of five children, she says, she was the “peacemaker and mediator in the family.”
Although she could easily have followed in her father’s footsteps as a hometown attorney in Erie, Ms. Dino and her law school beau, moved to Northern Virginia, wed, and launched law careers together–with Ms. Dino going to work at XM Satellite Radio (in D.C.).
Ms. Dino worked for three years at XM Satellite Radio as a Coordinator for National Site Acquisition, before leaving that job in 2004 to pursue her passion for family law. She joined a family law firm in Vienna, Virginia, and has practiced family law in Northern Virginia ever since.
Ms. Dino’s commitment to her clients, work ethic, and extensive knowledge of family law combine to serve his clients extremely well. Ms. Dino’s satisfied clients have written some truly exceptional and heartfelt reviews expressing their thanks for her work on their behalf (see Client Reviews below). In 2019, Ms. Dino received the prestigious AV Preeminent rating (the highest possible rating) for ethical standards and legal ability from Martindale-Hubbell. In 2014 she was named one of the Ten Leaders Under Age 45 in Matrimonial & Divorce Law in Northern Virginia. Ms. Dino currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from Justia.
Melannie Dino resides in Loudoun County with her husband and two children.
See what clients are saying about Melannie H. Dino
"After receiving a letter from an attorney stating separation and divorce proceedings were forthcoming I clearly felt in need of legal representation. I went online calling Livesay & Myers. This was a random choice as I acted impulsively, having no experience with and sought no referrals as to securing an attorney to stand with me. As it turned out I could not have made a better choice had I spent days researching numerous firms. Melannie Dino took me through the entire procedure with great professionalism, knowledge and compassion. I was especially appreciative with her prompt responses to my questions/concerns (there were many) which served to keep me grounded and moving forward to a successive conclusion. I am truly grateful to Melannie and to her staff. Many thanks to all." - Ron S.view client reviews
- Virginia State Bar, 2003
- District of Columbia, 2001 (inactive)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2017
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2019–Present
- Ten Leaders Under Age 45, Matrimonial & Divorce Law – Northern Virginia, 2014
- 10 Best Attorneys, Virginia, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2019
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2017–2018
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Senior Associate Attorney, 2017–Present
- The Havrilak Law Firm, Associate Attorney, 2017
- Graham Law Firm PLLC, Associate Attorney, 2014–2017
- Masterman, Krogmann & Dino, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2010–2014
- Masterman & Graham, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2007–2010
- Whitbeck & Cisneros, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2006–2007
- Maddox, Cole & Miller, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2004–2006
- XM Satellite Radio, Inc., Washington, D.C. Coordinator, National Site Acquisition, 2001–2004
- Do You Need an Attorney for a Separation Agreement?
- Three Tips for Keeping Costs Down in Your Divorce
- Separate Maintenance in Virginia
- View all blog articles by Melannie Dino
- Widener University Law School, J.D., 1999
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania, B.S., 1996