Melannie H. Dino
Melannie Dino is a senior associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. An attorney since 2001, Ms. Dino has litigated every type of family law case in the courts of Northern Virginia, including contested divorce, custody, support, and high value equitable distribution cases. Ms. Dino works in the firm’s offices in Manassas and Leesburg, and represents clients in Prince William County, Loudoun County, and all across Northern Virginia.
Originally from Erie, Pennsylvania, Ms. Dino earned her Bachelor of Science in Communications in 1996 from nearby Clarion University of Pennsylvania. She proceeded to earn her J.D. from Widener University Law School in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania in 1999.
Ms. Dino then returned to Erie to work in the law practice of her father, a prominent bankruptcy lawyer in Erie for decades. It was there that Ms. Dino got her first taste of family law, working in the thriving family law practice of her father’s partner. The practice area seemed a natural fit for Ms. Dino–as the third of five children, she says, she was the “peacemaker and mediator in the family.”
Although she could easily have followed in her father’s footsteps as a hometown attorney in Erie, Ms. Dino and her law school beau, moved to Northern Virginia, wed, and launched law careers together–with Ms. Dino going to work at XM Satellite Radio (in D.C.).
Ms. Dino worked for three years at XM Satellite Radio as a Coordinator for National Site Acquisition, before leaving that job in 2004 to pursue her passion for family law. She joined a family law firm in Vienna, Virginia, and has practiced family law in Northern Virginia ever since.
Through hard work, natural ability and countless hours in the courtroom, Ms. Dino has established herself as one of Northern Virginia’s most-respected family law attorneys. In 2014 she was named one of the Ten Leaders Under Age 45 in Matrimonial & Divorce Law in Northern Virginia. Ms. Dino currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from Justia.
Melannie Dino resides in Northern Virginia with her husband and two children.
- Virginia State Bar, 2003
- District of Columbia, 2001 (inactive)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2017
Honors and Awards
- Ten Leaders Under Age 45, Matrimonial & Divorce Law – Northern Virginia, 2014
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2017–2018
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Senior Associate Attorney, starting October 2017
- The Havrilak Law Firm, Associate Attorney, 2017
- Graham Law Firm PLLC, Associate Attorney, 2014–2017
- Masterman, Krogmann & Dino, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2010–2014
- Masterman & Graham, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2007–2010
- Whitbeck & Cisneros, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2006–2007
- Maddox, Cole & Miller, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2004–2006
- XM Satellite Radio, Inc., Washington, D.C. Coordinator, National Site Acquisition, 2001–2004
- Do You Need an Attorney for a Separation Agreement?
- Three Tips for Keeping Costs Down in Your Divorce
- Separate Maintenance in Virginia
- View all blog articles by Melannie Dino
- Widener University Law School, J.D., 1999
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania, B.S., 1996
Disclaimer: Contacting us via this form does not create an attorney-client relationship with Livesay & Myers, P.C. or any attorney at the firm.