Maria Zamayar is an associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. Her practice covers every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody and support cases. Ms. Zamayar works in the firm’s offices in Fairfax and Arlington, and represents clients in Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria and all across Northern Virginia.
Originally from Atlanta, Georgia, Ms. Zamayar graduated from Georgia State University before earning her law degree from American University Washington College of Law in Washington, D.C.
During law school, Ms. Zamayar earned a great deal of experience geared toward making her a successful family law attorney. She was the President of her school’s Family Law Society, a Dean’s Fellow in the Trial Advocacy Program, and worked as a law student volunteer at the Family Court Self-Help Center in Washington, D.C.
Ms. Zamayar currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from Justia. She is fluent in both English and Farsi.
Ms. Zamayar resides in Northern Virginia.
See what clients are saying about Maria Zamayar
"Maria Zamayar and Rossy Membreno were very professional and diligent in working on my case, they made me feel comfortable and helped ease my anxiety. Getting a divorce is stressful and finding the appropriate team to work with in such a sensitive situation can be very nerve-wracking, however Maria and Rossy put me at ease, answered and re-answered my anxiety-ridden questions. I would highly recommend both of them for any legal matters within their expertise!" - Sonia A.view client reviews
- Virginia, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2020
Honors and Awards
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2020
- Virginia State Bar, Family Law Section
- Arlington County Bar Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2019–Present
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 2019. Honors and Activities: American University Journal of Gender, Social Policy & the Law, Note & Comment Editor; Family Law Society, President; Trial Advocacy Program, Dean’s Fellow; DC Family Court Self-Help Center, Washington, DC, Law Student Volunteer; Immigrant Justice Clinical Program, Student Attorney.
- Georgia State University, B.S. (Psychology, minor in Political Science), 2015.