Maria Zamayar is as an associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. Her practice covers every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody and support cases. Ms. Zamayar works in the firm’s Arlington office, and represents clients in Arlington, Alexandria and all across Northern Virginia.
Originally from Atlanta, Georgia, Ms. Zamayar graduated from Georgia State University before earning her law degree from American University Washington College of Law in Washington, D.C.
During law school, Ms. Zamayar earned a great deal of experience geared toward making her a successful family law attorney. She was the President of her school’s Family Law Society, a Dean’s Fellow in the Trial Advocacy Program, and worked as a law student volunteer at the Family Court Self-Help Center in Washington, D.C.
Ms. Zamayar currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from Justia.
Maria Zamayar is fluent in both English and Farsi.
- Virginia, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2020
Honors and Awards
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2020
- Virginia State Bar, Family Law Section
- Arlington County Bar Association
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2019–Present
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 2019. Honors and Activities: American University Journal of Gender, Social Policy & the Law, Note & Comment Editor; Family Law Society, President; Trial Advocacy Program, Dean’s Fellow; DC Family Court Self-Help Center, Washington, DC, Law Student Volunteer; Immigrant Justice Clinical Program, Student Attorney.
- Georgia State University, B.S. (Psychology, minor in Political Science), 2015.