Leesburg-Ashburn OfficeLivesay & Myers, P.C.
19775 Belmont Executive Plaza #300
Ashburn, VA 20147 571-291-3190
Maria Fostieris is as an associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. An attorney since 2004, Ms. Fostieris handles every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody and support cases. Ms. Fostieris works in the firm’s Ashburn office, and represents clients in Ashburn, Loudoun County, and all across Northern Virginia.
Ms. Fostieris earned her J.D. from American University Washington College of Law in 2003, after earning her B.A. from American University in 1998.
Ms. Fostieris started her career as a public defender in Leesburg from 2004–2009. In that position, she managed an extensive caseload that averaged in excess of 50 cases per month. Ms. Fostieris then took a pause in her career to spend more time with her children in their younger years.
In 2018, Ms. Fostieris returned to the practice of law as an associate attorney at a law firm in Leesburg. She worked at that firm until 2020, practicing both family law and criminal defense. In her family law practice, Ms. Fostieris handled every type of family law matter, including divorce, spousal support, child custody, visitation and child support.
Ms. Fostieris joined Livesay & Myers, P.C. in 2022, to practice exclusively family law.
Ms. Fostieris was included in the 2024 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for her work in Family Law. She currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from Justia.
Maria Fostieris resides in Ashburn with her three children.
See what clients are saying about Maria Fostieris
"I contacted Maria Fostieris with an usual case, my little one was left with me by her mother who in short terms abandoned her. Maria helped me fight for her stability and safety. I'd definitely call her for all my legal needs. Thank you again!" - Rosaview client reviews
- Virginia, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2022
Honors and Awards
- Included in the 2024 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for her work in Family Law
- Clients’ Choice Award, Avvo, 2020
- Clients’ Choice Award, Avvo, 2019
- Virginia State Bar, Member, 2004–Present
- Loudoun County Bar Association, Member, 2018–Present
- Two Virginia Courts May Have Jurisdiction in Your Family Law Matter
- Post-Divorce Financial Planning Is Critical in Any Economy
- View all blog articles by Maria Fostieris
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2022–Present
- Beglis Law, PLLC, Associate Attorney, 2018–2020
- Office of the Public Defender, Leesburg, Virginia, Senior Assistant Public Defender, 2004–2009
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 2003
- American University, B.A., 1998
"*" indicates required fields