Laila Raheen is a senior associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. Ms. Raheen is known as a no-nonsense, aggressive advocate for her clients. She is experienced in handling every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody and support cases.
Ms. Raheen is a graduate of the University of Richmond School of Law (cum laude) and the University of Toronto (with honors).
Ms. Raheen began her legal career in 2013 at a general practice law firm in Chantilly, Virginia. Working for several different firms in Northern Virginia over the next two years, she gained valuable experience in civil litigation and trial practice. Ms. Raheen also built up a strong background in Virginia family law, working on a large number of child custody and divorce cases. She then joined Livesay & Myers, P.C. as an associate attorney in 2015, practicing exclusively family law. Ms. Raheen was promoted to the position of senior associate in 2017.
Since joining the firm, Ms. Raheen’s courtroom skills, attention to detail and tireless work ethic have consistently translated into positive results for her clients. Ms. Raheen has received a large number of excellent reviews and testimonials online (see Client Reviews below). She was named one of the 10 Best Family Law Attorneys in Virginia for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys in 2016–2017. In addition, Avvo awarded Ms. Raheen the Clients’ Choice Award in both 2016 and 2017. This award is only given to attorneys who receive five or more 4+ star reviews in a calendar year, and thus reflects Ms. Raheen’s excellent service to her clients for the past two consecutive years.
Laila Raheen resides with her husband in Northern Virginia. She works in the firm’s Fairfax office, and represents clients all across Northern Virginia.
Honors and Awards
- Clients’ Choice Award, Avvo, 2016–2017
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2015
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys in Virginia for Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016–2017
- Virginia, 2013
- Maryland, 2014 (inactive)
- District of Columbia Bar, 2016 (inactive)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2016
- Protective Order Defense: Understanding the Allegations
- Spousal Support Reduction Based on a Drop in Payor’s Income
- Restoration of Parental Rights in Virginia
- View all blog articles by Laila Raheen
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Senior Associate Attorney, 2017–Present
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2015–2017
- Glasser and Glasser, P.L.C., Associate Attorney, 2015
- JHS Family Law Group, P.L.C., Associate Attorney, 2014–2015
- Raheen Law Group, P.C., 2013–2014
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- University of Toronto, B.S., with honors, 2008