Gabriela Sapia is an associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. Her practice covers every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody, visitation and support cases. Ms. Sapia works in the firm’s Fairfax office, and represents clients in Fairfax County and all across Northern Virginia.
An attorney since 2011, Ms. Sapia has practiced exclusively family law her entire career. She worked at the same family law firm in Chicago, Illinois for over a decade before joining Livesay & Myers, P.C. in 2021.
Ms. Sapia earned her law degree from Chicago-Kent College of Law, after graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Dartmouth College.
Ms. Sapia is known for her commitment to her clients, and is a zealous advocate for their interests both inside and outside the courtroom. She was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2020–2021.
Ms. Sapia currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from both Avvo and Justia.
Ms. Sapia is fluent in both English and Spanish.
Gabriela Sapia resides with her family in Alexandria, Virginia.
See what clients are saying about Gabriela Sapia
"Gabriela helped with everything. She took the struggle off my shoulders by translating my MOU into Chicago court terms, appearing in court for me, being firm but kind to my son’s mother, and getting the job done in a timely manner. I was hesitant to start the process but Gabriela demonstrated honesty and integrity throughout the process. Would recommend 100 percent." - Ben S.view client reviews
- Illinois, 2011
- Virginia, 2017
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2020–2021
- Virginia State Bar, Member, 2017–Present
- Fairfax Bar Association, Member, 2020–Present
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2021–Present
- Law Offices of Patrick Markey, P.C., Senior Associate, 2011–2021
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2011. Honors and Activities: Dean’s Honors List: Fall 2008, Fall 2009, Spring 2010; Family Law Clinic; Trial Advocacy Team Member.
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 2003