Emily Neuhausen is an associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. She is experienced in handling every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody, visitation, support and adoption cases. Ms. Neuhausen works in the firm’s Fairfax office, and represents clients in Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington and all across Northern Virginia.
In addition to her general family law practice, Ms. Neuhausen is an experienced adoption lawyer. She has handled cases assisting clients with domestic, stepparent, second parent, and foster parent adoptions in Virginia, Maryland and D.C. Ms. Neuhausen also represents clients in negotiating surrogacy, sperm donor, and egg donor contracts, including for many LGBT clients.
An attorney since 2012, Ms. Neuhausen has practiced exclusively family law her entire career. From 2012–2020, she worked as a family law associate at two different law firms in Maryland, before joining Livesay & Myers, P.C. as an associate attorney in 2020. Ms. Neuhausen is licensed to practice law in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Ms. Neuhausen is a Fairfax County native. She was born in Alexandria and grew up in Clifton, Virginia. Ms. Neuhausen attended college out of state on an academic scholarship at the University of South Carolina. After graduating in three years from that school magna cum laude, Ms. Neuhausen returned to the D.C. area and earned her law degree at American University Washington College of Law.
Ms. Neuhausen currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from Justia.
- Virginia, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2020
- District of Columbia, 2013
- Maryland, 2012
Honors and Awards
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2020
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under 40 in Virginia, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2020
- Virginia State Bar, Member, 2013–Present
- Virginia Bar Association, Member, 2013–Present
- Fairfax Bar Association, Member, 2020–Present
- D.C. Bar (Family Law Section), Member, 2013–Present
- Start-Up or Merger? The Role of Premarital Agreements
- Oops! Are You Accidentally Married?, Washington Blade, April 1, 2016
Taming the Discovery Beast, Maryland Family Law Practice for Paralegals, November 14, 2019
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2020–Present
- Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A., Associate Attorney, 2016–2020
- Zavos Juncker Law Group, PLLC, Associate Attorney, 2012–2016
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 2012. Honors and Activities: Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition Team, Mid-Atlantic Super Regional Winner, International Rounds Octa-Finalist; Domenick L. Gabrielli National Family Law Moot Court Competition Team, Octa-Finalist; Moot Court Honor Society Executive Board, Team Director.
- University of South Carolina, B.A., magna cum laude, 2008.
Disclaimer: Contacting us via this form does not create an attorney-client relationship with Livesay & Myers, P.C. or any attorney at the firm.