Elizabeth Dwyer is an associate family law attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C. Her practice covers every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody, visitation and support cases. Ms. Dwyer works in the firm’s Fairfax office, and represents clients in Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington and all across Northern Virginia.
An attorney since 2011, Ms. Dwyer has extensive litigation experience in the courts of Virginia, Maryland and D.C. She practiced family law from 2011–2013, before shifting to a general litigation practice. In 2020, Ms. Dwyer left a position as a partner at a civil litigation law firm in Reston to join Livesay & Myers, P.C. and return to the practice of family law.
Ms. Dwyer is a native of the Washington, D.C. area, born in D.C. and raised in Montgomery County, Maryland. She earned her law degree from Ave Maria School of Law, after graduating cum laude from Franciscan University of Steubenville. Ms. Dwyer is also a certified teacher, with a background in special education.
Ms. Dwyer currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from Justia.
Ms. Dwyer resides in Fairfax County.
- Maryland, 2011
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, 2013
- Virginia, 2014
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2016
- District of Columbia, 2017
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia, 2019
Honors and Awards
- Recognized by Marquis Who’s Who Top Lawyers for dedication, achievements, and leadership in litigation, 2020.
- Virginia State Bar, Member, 2014–Present
- Fairfax Bar Association, Member, 2014–Present
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2020–Present
- Hyland Law PLLC, Partner, 2019–2020
- Hyland Law PLLC, Associate Attorney, 2018–2019
- Harris, St. Laurent & Chaudhry LLP, Associate Attorney, 2016–2017
- Hyland Law PLLC, Associate Attorney, 2013–2016
- Ifrah PLLC, Contract Attorney, 2013
- The McKeon Law Firm, Associate Attorney, 2012–2013
- Brodsky, Renehan, Pearlstein, Lastra, & Bouquet, Chartered, Contract Attorney, 2012
- Delaney McKinney, LLP, Contract Attorney, 2011–2012
- Johns Hopkins University, Center for Technology in Education, Guest Speaker, 2013–Present. Speak on various educational and technological topics involving iPhone applications that better assist individuals with disabilities and how to integrate them into Individualized Education Program (IEP) and Section 504 plans.
- Ave Maria School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Franciscan University of Steubenville, B.S., cum laude, 2007
Disclaimer: Contacting us via this form does not create an attorney-client relationship with Livesay & Myers, P.C. or any attorney at the firm.