Caitlyn S. Stubbs
Caitlyn Stubbs is an associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. She is experienced in handling every type of family law matter in Virginia, with a special focus on contested divorce, custody and support cases. Ms. Stubbs works in the firm’s Fredericksburg office, and represents clients across Northern Virginia.
Originally from Iowa, Ms. Stubbs earned her college degree from Shippensburg University in Pennsylvania before moving on to attend Thomas M. Cooley Law School at Western Michigan University.
Ms. Stubbs excelled in law school, achieving Dean’s List and Honor Roll each semester during her three years at Thomas M. Cooley. Finding she had a love for litigation and natural ability in the courtroom, Ms. Stubbs used law school to hone her skills as a trial attorney. She earned the Trial Skills Certificate of Merit and the Client Counseling Competition Gold Certificate, and completed the school’s Litigation Concentration. Ms. Stubbs graduated from Thomas M. Cooley Law School cum laude in 2013.
Ms. Stubbs relocated to Northern Virginia and worked as a family law and criminal defense attorney at a firm in Woodbridge, Virginia before joining Livesay & Myers, P.C. in January 2015. Since then she has practiced exclusively family law.
Since joining the firm, Ms. Stubbs’ courtroom skills, attention to detail and tireless work ethic have consistently translated into positive results for her clients. Ms. Stubbs has received a large number of excellent reviews and testimonials online (see Client Reviews below). She was named a Super Lawyers Virginia Rising Star in 2018–2019. Finally, Ms. Stubbs currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from Justia.
Caitlyn Stubbs resides with her husband in Fredericksburg.
- Virginia State Bar, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2014
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2015
Honors and Awards
- Virginia Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2018–2019
- Top 10 Under 40 Attorney Award, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2017
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2015
Professional Memberships and Associations
- Virginia State Bar (Family Law Section), 2013–Present
- Virginia Bar Association, 2014–Present
- Fredericksburg Area Bar Association, 2016–Present
- Is the Increase in Value of Investments Marital Property in Virginia?
- View all blog articles by Caitlyn Stubbs
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2015–Present
- Law Offices of J.M Reynolds, PLLC, Associate Attorney, 2014–2015
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- Shippensburg University, B.S., 2009