Caitlin M. Higgins
Caitlin Higgins is an associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. She is experienced in handling every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody and support cases. Ms. Higgins works in the firm’s Fairfax office, and represents clients in Fairfax County and all across Northern Virginia.
Ms. Higgins was born in Massachusetts but raised in California. She attended the University of California, Santa Barbara before moving east for law school at Penn State University. Ms. Higgins now resides in McLean, Virginia.
- Virginia State Bar
Honors and Awards:
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2016
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys in Virginia for Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016–2017
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- Virginia State Bar (Family Law Section)
- Fairfax Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association
- Marital Waste in Virginia Equitable Distribution Cases
- Residing With Your Spouse During Separation
- “Gray Divorce” – Concerns for Divorcing Couples Over Fifty
- View all blog articles by Caitlin Higgins
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2016–Present
- JHS Family Law Group, P.L.C., Associate Attorney, 2015–2016
Law School: Penn State University, Dickinson School of Law
Honors and Activities: Miller Public Interest Program, Pro Bono Advocate.
College: University of California, Santa Barbara
Born: Lowell, Massachusetts