Anneshia Miller Grant
fredericksburg-Stafford OfficeLivesay & Myers, P.C.
150 Riverside Parkway #307
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22406 540-370-4140
Anneshia Miller Grant is a lead senior associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. She is experienced in handling every type of family law matter in Virginia, including custody, support, separation and high asset divorce cases. Ms. Grant works in the firm’s Fredericksburg-Stafford office, and represents clients in Stafford, Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania and surrounding areas.
Ms. Grant was born in Georgia and raised in Newport News, Virginia. She began her legal career at a law firm in Virginia Beach, where she practiced family law for four years before moving to Northern Virginia.
Ms. Grant is the mother of four children. She is also a certified guardian ad litem for children, and has been regularly appointed by Virginia courts to serve in that capacity.
Ms. Grant is one of the most experienced military divorce lawyers at Livesay & Myers, P.C. In her years handling divorce cases in the Hampton Roads area, she became intimately familiar with issues of military retirement, the Uniformed Services Former Spouses Protection Act, the Survivor Benefit Plan, disability pay, and the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. Ms. Grant is also herself the former spouse (for over 13 years) of a servicemember, with personal knowledge of both life as a military spouse and the military divorce process.
Ms. Grant is known for providing personal attention to her clients, and aggressively representing their interests both inside and outside the courtroom. Her satisfied clients have written some truly exceptional and heartfelt reviews expressing their thanks for her work (see Client Reviews below).
Ms. Grant was included in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for her work in Family Law. She was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2017–2020. Ms. Grant currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from both Avvo and Justia.
Anneshia Miller Grant resides with her family in Fredericksburg.
See what clients are saying about Anneshia Miller Grant
"I had the privilege and pleasure of having Ms. Anneshia Miller Grant represent me in my recent divorce. Upon first meeting and consulting with Ms. Miller Grant, it was evident that she was not only knowledgeable about the law, but that she was most importantly very personable and would ensure that my voice was heard. She never made me feel as though I’d hired her to tell my story “her” way, but she created an environment that assured me that she and I were in a partnership. There were so many teachable moments during this experience, and Ms. Miller Grant was selfless and used them all to make sure I understood what she was doing and why. Anneshia was very careful to include me on all aspects of my case by continuously communicating with me, and I trusted every decision she made and every piece of advice she gave." - Jennifer C.view client reviews
- Virginia State Bar, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2016
Honors and Awards
- Included in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for her work in Family Law
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2017–2020
- 10 Best Female Attorneys, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2018
- 10 Best Under 40, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2015–2016
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under 40 in Virginia, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2014
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2013–2015
- Clients’ Choice Award, Avvo, 2013, 2015
- Filing a New Family Law Case During the Judicial Emergency in Virginia
- How Does COVID-19 Affect Your Virginia Custody and Visitation Order?
- Communication of a Child’s Preference in Virginia Custody Cases
- View all blog articles by Anneshia Miller Grant
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly Interview on Same Sex Cohabitation, 2015
- Leading speaker for Military Issues in Family Law Seminar, presentation on Handling Custody and Support Issues, 2015
- Business Leader Spotlight Show, discussion of Divorce in Virginia, 2013
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Lead Senior Associate Attorney, 2018–Present
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Senior Associate Attorney, 2017–2018
- DiPietro Family Law Group, Senior Associate Attorney, 2016–2017
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2014–2016
- Garrett Law Group, P.L.C., Associate Attorney, 2010–2014
- Regent University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Fayetteville State University, B.A., 2001, graduated magna cum laude
"*" indicates required fields