Anneshia Miller Grant
Anneshia Miller Grant is a senior associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. She is experienced in handling every type of family law matter in Virginia, including custody, support, separation and high asset divorce cases. Ms. Grant works in the firm’s Fairfax office, and represents clients in Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington and all across Northern Virginia.
Ms. Grant was born in Georgia and raised in Newport News, Virginia. She began her legal career at a law firm in Virginia Beach, where she practiced family law for four years before moving to Northern Virginia.
Ms. Grant is the mother of three children. She is also a certified Guardian ad Litem for children, and has been regularly appointed by Virginia courts to serve in that capacity.
Ms. Grant is one of the most experienced military divorce lawyers at Livesay & Myers. In her years handling divorce cases in the Hampton Roads area, she became intimately familiar with issues of military retirement, the Uniformed Services Former Spouses Protection Act, the Survivor Benefit Plan, disability pay, and the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. Ms. Grant is also herself the former spouse (for over 13 years) of a servicemember, with personal knowledge of both life as a military spouse and the military divorce process.
Ms. Grant was named a Super Lawyers Virginia Rising Star in 2017. She currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from Avvo.
Ms. Grant resides in Northern Virginia.
Honors and Awards:
- Virginia Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2017
- Washington D.C. Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2017
- 10 Best Under 40, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2015–2016
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under 40 In Virginia, National Academy Of Family Law Attorneys, 2014
- Top Contributor, Avvo, 2013–2015
- Clients’ Choice Award, Avvo, 2013, 2015
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly Interview on Same Sex Cohabitation, 2015
- Leading speaker for Military Issues in Family Law Seminar, presentation on Handling Custody and Support Issues, 2015
- Business Leader Spotlight Show, discussion of Divorce in Virginia, 2013
- Virginia State Bar, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Northern Virginia Black Attorneys Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
- Fairfax Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- South University (Board Member)
- How Does Relocation Affect Your Custody and Visitation Order?
- Family Care Plans and Custody Orders in Virginia
- Military Deployment and Child Custody in Virginia
- View all blog articles by Anneshia Miller Grant
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Senior Associate Attorney, 2017–Present
- DiPietro Family Law Group, Senior Associate Attorney, 2016–2017
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2014–2016
- Garrett Law Group, P.L.C., Associate Attorney, 2010–2014
Law School: Regent University School of Law, J.D., 2009
College: Fayetteville State University, B.A., 2001, graduated magna cum laude
Born: Augusta, Georgia