Alisa Chunephisal is a senior associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing exclusively family law. Her practice covers every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody, visitation and support cases. Ms. Chunephisal works in the firm’s Fairfax office, and represent clients in Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington and all across Northern Virginia.
Ms. Chunephisal grew up in Northern Virginia, attending Bishop O’Connell High School in Arlington and James Madison University in Harrisonburg. She moved to Scottsdale, Arizona after her college graduation, but returned to the DC area to attend law school.
Ms. Chunephisal earned her J.D. from Catholic University, Columbus School of Law in 2007. She then began her legal career as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Marcus D. Williams (Ret.) in the Fairfax County Circuit Court. In that position, Ms. Chunephisal spent significant time immersed in family law issues related to custody, spousal support, separation and divorce. She also gained a unique perspective on effective advocacy skills in both trials and motions practice.
Upon completion of her two-year clerkship, Ms. Chunephisal entered private practice in 2009. Over the next nine years she proceeded to build a tremendous reputation as a civil and administrative litigator. In 2018 Ms. Chunephisal left a position at Norton Rose Fulbright LLP (a top 10 AmLaw 100 firm) to join Livesay & Myers, P.C. to practice exclusively family law.
Ms. Chunephisal currently holds a perfect 10.0 rating from Justia.
The mother of two children, Alisa Chunephisal resides in Fairfax County.
- Virginia, 2007
- District of Columbia Bar, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2018
Honors and Awards
- 10 Best Attorneys, Virginia, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2018–2019
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under 40 in Virginia, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2018
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2018
- Virginia State Bar, 2007–Present
- District of Columbia Bar, 2017–Present
- Fairfax Bar Association (Family Law Section), 2018–Present
- Registering a Foreign Custody Order in Virginia
- How Does Divorce and Separation Affect Financial Aid for College Students?
- Changes to Virginia Spousal Support Law Effective July 1, 2018
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Senior Associate Attorney, 2018–Present
- Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Associate Attorney, 2016–2018
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, Senior Attorney, 2009–2016
- Circuit Court of Virginia, Nineteenth Judicial Circuit, Fairfax, Virginia, Judicial Law Clerk, 2007–2009
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D., 2007
- James Madison University, B.F.A., 2002