Jenna M. Maresco
Jenna Maresco is an associate attorney at Livesay & Myers, P.C., practicing family law and estate planning. She is experienced in handling every type of family law matter in Virginia, including separation, divorce, custody and support cases.
In her estate planning practice, Ms. Maresco drafts wills, trusts, advance medical directives, living wills, and powers of attorney. She is also a participant in the “Wills on Wheels” program sponsored by the Northern Virginia Pro Bono Law Center. As part of that program, Ms. Maresco meets with residents at local senior citizen homes or centers and provides basic wills, powers of attorney and advance medical directives to meet their estate planning needs.
Ms. Maresco is licensed to practice law in both Virginia and New Jersey. She is a magna cum laude graduate of The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law and summa cum laude graduate of Rutgers University.
Originally from the Bronx, New York, Ms. Maresco now resides in Arlington, Virginia. She works in the firm’s Fairfax office, and represents clients in Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington and all across Northern Virginia.
- New Jersey
Honors and Awards:
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2017
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- Virginia State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Divesting Jurisdiction in Virginia Family Law Cases
- Should You File for Divorce Based on Fault in Virginia?
- Adult Adoption in Virginia
- Are They Listening? The Current Debate over Municipal Liability Under the Federal Wiretap Act, 119 PENN ST. L. REV. 977 (2015)
- View all blog articles by Jenna Maresco
- Livesay & Myers, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2016–Present
- The Honorable Thomas J. Walsh, J.S.C., Elizabeth, NJ, Judicial Law Clerk, 2015–2016
Law School: Penn State University, Dickinson School of Law, graduated magna cum laude
Honors and Activities: Penn State Law Review (Executive Comments Editor); CALI Excellence for the Future Award (Highest Section Grade in Criminal Law, Sales, and State & Local Government); Woolsack Honor Society Public Interest Advocate; The Thomas A. Beckley Award in Legal Writing.
College: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, graduated summa cum laude
Honors and Activities: Academic Excellence Award (top ten percent of graduating class).
Born: Bronx, New York